DNA Sequencing Platform
The Genome Center maintains a state-of-the-art Sequencing Platform equipped to support large-scale genetics and genomics research as well as clinical-grade diagnostic nucleic acid sequencing. This platform performs data generation for whole genome sequencing (WGS), whole exome sequencing (WES), full transcriptome sequencing (RNA-seq) and other genomic analyses.
Automated workflows for sample processing and sequencing library preparation coupled with the highest throughput DNA sequencers allow for high quality, cost-effective and timely data generation, thereby empowering large projects with hundreds or thousands of DNA or RNA samples.
ISO 15189 accreditation of the Sequencing Platform (expected in Q1 2020) will provide a laboratory environment capable of producing clinical grade sequencing data. Acknowledging the critical issue of speed to medical clinical diagnostics, the Sequencing Platform will offer a ‘fast turn-around time’ WES test, promising data generation from sample delivery to data delivery in 2 weeks.
The Sequencing Platform’s combined support of large-scale genomic analyses and clinically accredited sequencing will help to place Switzerland at the forefront of genomic-driven research, genomic medicine and personalized health.
The Sequencing Platform service offerings in Spring 2019 are:
- RNA-seq using the Illumina TruSeq mRNA-seq and TruSeq Total RNA-seq reagents,
- WGS using the Illumina TruSeq PCR-free DNA reagents,
- WES using the IDT xGen Research Exome and Agilent SureSelect reagents,
- Rapid turn-around WES using the IDT xGen Research Exome reagents,
- Full flow cell sequencing of user-prepared libraries on the Illumina NovaSeq 6000 and HiSeq 4000 instruments,
- Support and services for WES, WGS and RNA-seq clinical diagnostic sequencing.